Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Making of a Window Display

Step One: Inspiration
I am an avid reader of fashion magazines.  Every month I go through each issue and pull out tears that inspire me.  Either I like the color combinations, fabrications, or styling.  For Spring 2010 - my favorite look was the mixture of feminine and tough.  The resurgence of military, safari, and medallions mixed with soft touches of tulle, lace, and satin really inspired me this season.

Marie Claire February 2010


Step Two: Assemble the PartsI really liked the softness that was inherent to this trend, so I assembled many paper flowers in pretty sherbert colors of pink, yellow and cream.
I also made a new Borough Vintage "clothes line" style signage display:


Step 3: Pull Together the Elements
Two Vintage Tulle dresses provide the softness for the display.


The military pieces come from Vintage Army Jackets and Boy Scout Patches.

I will post the finished product  on Facebook soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  February 4, 2010 at 6:09 PM  

What size is the tulle dress, and how much is it? I love it. Too bad about my food service job...could I earn clothes by hemming and mending in your shop?? :)

girl@boroughvintage February 5, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

Thanks for stopping by! Both dresses are approx. size 2/4. After the display is dismantled, they will be available for sale.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About

BoroughVintage takes you behind the scenes of a vintage store. Get updates on the latest trends, insight on historical fashion, and inspiration from the vintage buyer.

Archives

Visit

Vintage Clothing:
www.boroughvintage.com

Vintage Rentals:
www.boroughvintagerentals.com





  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP